There are a very few simple recipes that I always come back to when I’m looking for a side dish to pair with dinner: steamed olive oil and sea salt broccoli with a little melted cheddar cheese, cabbage carrot and goat cheese spinach salads with olive oil, lemon juice and S&P, roasted sesame asparagus and of course, this peach spinach salad.
Today I decided that it was time to re-share one of my go-to summer salads from over 4 years ago. I’ve always loved buying a big box of organic spinach every week to get more greens into our meals, and usually, I pack it in all of my smoothies (at least 1 cup per smoothie), throw it in pasta or quiches, and of course, make big salads like this one to go with dinners.
I know many people aren’t into fruit on salads, but I’m begging you to give this recipe a chance! Tony even eats it for lunch alongside some sort of sandwich I make him, so you know it’s a hit. This gorgeous peach salad is just so refreshing and truly delicious. It’s packed with peaches, avocado, toasted almonds, goat cheese, red onion and a simple homemade balsamic vinaigrette. You’re going to fall in love!
FREE Summer Salad E-book
Sign up below to get a FREE salad e-book with 5 of my very best summer salad recipes, plus amazing salad-making tips and hacks that you’ll come back to time and time again!
Everything you’ll need to make this peach spinach salad
This peach salad is one of those salad recipes that almost seems too easy to be good, but trust me when I say the combo is out-of-this-world delicious and oh so fresh. Here’s what you’ll need to make it:
- Fruits & veggies: you’ll need spinach and peaches (of course) plus some red onion and avocado.
- Mix-ins: we’re added crumbled goat cheese for a creamy tanginess, plus sliced toasted almonds for crunch. YUM.
- For the dressing: this easy balsamic is made with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, dijon, salt & pepper. Feel free to add a little sugar, maple syrup or honey if you prefer your dressing a little sweeter.
Easy ingredient swaps
What I love about this salad is that it’s completely versatile, so depending on what’s on sale and available in the grocery store, you can make super easy swaps. Here’s what I recommend:
- For the peaches: yes, you can swap out the peaches for strawberries or blueberries if you’d like! Or simply try my Summer Strawberry Spinach Salad with Avocado
- For the cheese: I love the tangy flavor of goat cheese, but feel free to use crumbled feta if you like more of a salty kick.
- For the almonds: I think roasted pistachios or even sunflower seeds would be delicious.
Try a creamier dressing
The balsamic vinaigrette pairs perfectly well with this peach salad, but if you’re looking for something a little creamier I suggest my Tahini Poppy Seed Dressing!
Add a boost of protein
Looking to make this salad more of a main meal? Feel free to add your fav protein like:
- 1 cup of chickpeas or cooked quinoa to keep it vegetarian
- Grilled chicken (use the balsamic vinaigrette as a marinade!)
- Grilled salmon — I recommend this firecracker salmon that has a peach salsa!
Main dishes to pair with this peach salad
This fresh peach salad makes the perfect side dish with any of your fav summer main dishes! Here are some of our favs:
Get all of my summer BBQ recipes here!
How to store this peach salad
Store this peach spinach salad in an airtight container in the fridge, without the dressing, for up to 4-5 days. Simply dress the salad as soon as you’re ready to eat it so that the spinach doesn’t get soggy. The dressing will stay good in a container in the fridge for up to one week.
More salad recipes you’ll love
Get all of my salad recipes here!
I hope you love this beautiful summer peach spinach salad! If you make it be sure to leave a comment and a rating so I know how you liked it. Enjoy, xo!
Summer Peach Spinach Salad with Avocado, Toasted Almonds + Goat Cheese
One of my favorite go-to summer salads is this fresh peach spinach salad with creamy goat cheese, heart-healthy avocado and crunchy toasted almonds. Drizzle this lovely peach salad with an easy homemade balsamic vinaigrette for the perfect lunch!
large peaches, sliced
small red onion, very thinly sliced
goat cheese crumbles (or sub feta)
sliced toasted almonds*
- For the dressing:
extra virgin olive oil
garlic clove, minced
- Optional: 1-2 teaspoon sugar, pure maple syrup or honey to sweeten dressing
- Freshly ground salt and pepper, to taste
In a medium bowl, whisk together the balsamic vinaigrette: balsamic vinegar, olive oil, minced garlic, dijon and salt and pepper. Add a sweetener here if you’d like here too. I always prefer to!
In a large bowl, add the spinach. Drizzle with desired about of balsamic vinaigrette and toss together to combine. Top salad with peach slices, diced/sliced avocado, red onion, goat cheese crumbles and toasted almonds. Toss very gently again. Serve immediately. Salad serves 4.
To toast your own almonds: Place sliced almonds in a nonstick pan over medium heat. Use a wooden spoon to consistently stir the almonds until they get nice and golden. This should take 3-6 minutes. Once done, remove from heat and transfer to a plate to cool.
See the full post for easy ways to customize, plus storing instructions!
Servings: 4 servings
Serving size: 1 serving
Saturated fat: 4.4g
This post was originally published on August 9th, 2018, and republished on July 24th, 2022.