Love peaches? Love salsa? Then this peach salsa is for you! Sweet, spicy, zesty, and fresh, it’s delicious with tortilla chips or on tacos and more.
When life gives you peaches, make peach salsa! Well, peach salsa and peach crisp and peach cobbler and peach salads and peach pizza and, and, and… It’s peach season, people! I hope you’re eating these honey-sweet, chin-dripping fruits at every chance you get.
But today, let’s talk peach salsa. This super-simple recipe is one of my favorites to make at this time of year. It’s sweet and savory, spicy and bright, and it’s an absolute breeze to put together. Dice up all the ingredients, add them to a bowl, and stir to combine! In ten-ish minutes, you’ll have a zesty, refreshing salsa that’s perfect for scooping up with tortilla chips or piling onto tacos, grilled tofu, and more.
Peach Salsa Recipe Ingredients
Here’s what you’ll need to make this easy peach salsa recipe:
- Peaches, of course! For this recipe (and pretty much all recipes) you want them to be nice and ripe. I recommend buying them a few days ahead of time so that they have a chance to ripen fully on your counter. They’re ready to eat when they’re soft and fragrant.
- Red bell pepper – It adds delicious crunch.
- Red onion and garlic – For sharp, savory flavor.
- Lime juice and zest – They add a bright, citrusy zing.
- Jalapeño – For heat.
- Cilantro – For fresh flavor.
- And sea salt – To make all the flavors pop!
Find the complete recipe with measurements below.
I call for two to three peaches in this recipe, so the exact proportions of the ingredients are up to you. Use more peaches if you like your salsa on the sweeter, juicier side. Use fewer if you like it spicier, with more crunch.
Stir everything together and chill until you’re ready to serve. I like this peach salsa best after the flavors have a chance to mingle in the fridge.
Peach Salsa Recipe Variations
I’m a huge fan of this peach salsa recipe as it’s written, but it’s great with all sorts of variations, too! Feel free to put your own spin on it. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Go all-in on the fruit. Make a peach and mango salsa by replacing half the peaches with diced ripe mango. Pineapple, nectarines, and/or strawberries would be delicious additions too!
- Add extra crunch. Toss in a handful of fresh or grilled corn kernels.
- Make it heartier. For a more substantial salsa, mix in a cup of cooked black beans.
- Turn up the heat. Stir in a dash of chili powder for extra kick.
- Make it tangier. Sub in pickled red onions or pickled jalapeños for their raw counterparts.
- Toss in tomatoes. They’re at their best right now, too! Show off juicy heirloom and cherry tomatoes alongside the peaches in this fresh fruit salsa.
Let me know what variations you try!
How to Serve Peach Salsa
The simplest way to serve this peach salsa is as an appetizer or snack, along with lots of tortilla chips for dipping. For an epic summer entertaining spread, set it out with a bowl of guacamole and a skillet of blistered shishitos. You’ll love the mix of textures and rich, sweet, and spicy flavors! A fun drink, like a mojito, paloma, or margarita, would take this combo over the top.
Want more ways to use this peach salsa? Coming right up!
How do you like to serve peach salsa? Let me know in the comments!
More Favorite Salsa Recipes
If you love this fresh peach salsa, try one of these homemade salsa recipes next:
Made with fresh peaches and summer veggies, this easy peach salsa recipe is sweet, spicy, zesty, and delicious! Great served with tortilla chips or on tacos, bowls, and more.
- 2 to 3 ripe peaches, pitted and diced
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- 1 small garlic clove, grated
- ½ jalapeño pepper, minced
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt, plus more to taste
In a medium bowl, mix together the peaches, bell pepper, onion, cilantro, lime juice and zest, garlic, jalapeño, and salt. Season to taste and chill until ready to use.